costello legacy: average to poor, page-28

1. 761 Posts.
    i think you guys need to be a little more appreciative of the strenghts of both Labor & Liberal, you need to be less biased & more open minded.

you see, as a liberal voter i was still able to appreciate keating skillfully manouvering our economy into recession, i appreciated his skill in raising interest rates to 17%, skill in raising unemployment to 10%. i mean recession with ballooning interest rates!! how did he manage that!? not to mention the magnificent $96 billion (that's right BILLION) of debt he managed to rack up.

then as a liberal voter i was also able to appreciate costello/howard reducing interest rates, reducing inflation & reducing unemployment to record low levels. i watched them manouver our economy through the asian meltdown & the post 9/11 global recession, all the while reducing debt as they went. i know, i know, THE MINING BOOM, lucky dogs! ahhhh the good ol' days......

& now, again, i'm able to appreciate Labor's skill in increasing unemployment, shattering consumer & business confidence which has dropped twice the amount of other western economies that are far worse than ours (e.g. America/Canada), the comedy of fuel/grocery/school watch & we're only 9 months in! THE MINING BOOM must be over.....right?

take my lead, try impartiality, it's less stressful yet hugely more comical.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.