I just watched Channel 9's 60 Minutes election review with Abo &...

1. 47,515 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    I just watched Channel 9's 60 Minutes election review with Abo & Uhlman.

What a shocker!

Their contrived nod-nod, wink-wink interview exposed Channel 9's agenda going forward - war against Albanese's incoming government, against women's rights, against an integrity commission, against recognition for First Nations People, against fixing the federal government's climate change failures etc.

1. They started by asserting only 32% of people voted for Labor and that 68% voted against Labor - ignoring Australia's preferential voting system altogether and the 2PP count of 52.8% to 47.2% which has always been accepted as the basis of election outcomes. They alos ignroed the fact that the stance of almost all new crossbenchers aligns with Labor policies
    2. They dismissed as irrelevant Labor's gain of at least eight seats to form government in its own right against what was thrown at Labor by Clive Palmer, Murdoch Mouthpieces, Channel 9 as well as Holmes a Court's support for Teals and
    3. They shrugged off the teal gains as a flash in the pan outcome unlikely to be repeated in 2025.
    4. They spun the narrative that Labor did best when Albanese was sidelined with Covid - painting him as incompetent, weak and lazy.
    5. They asserted the Coalition LOST the election and that Labor didn't win it [echoing the Trump spin] - because Labor's policy equated to the character assassination of Morrison and was totally devoid of proposed changes.
    6. They thereby totally ignored Albanese's clearly stated policies including: climate change, renewables powerhouse, investement in core public infrastructure including fixing the NBN, a robsut federal ICAC with teeth, universal childcare, universal aged care, support for addressing cost of living pressures of battlers, transitioning away from fossil fuels, greater support for and cooperation with near neighbours, uniting Australians instead of creating divisions, full implementation of the Uluru Statement from the Heart, ...
    7. Uhlman even belittled every single aspect of Albanese's performance - equating his post election exhaustion with indolence rather the after effects of Covid.

This comes after Uhlmann's thinly disguised 'Gotcha' rudely screamed at Albanese at the very start of Albanes's first press conference on Day 1 of the 2022 Election campaign and after Costello's Channel 9 Leaders' Debate that was the stuff of pure disgusting farce and hosted by guess who - Uhlman and Abo!

I thought a Royal Commission into the media needed to target only Murdoch Mouthpieces, I was wrong!
    Last edited by Lapdog: 22/05/22

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.