Costello's Ch9 just declared war on Albanese's new government, page-199

1. 20,856 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 65
    The proposition I put was the following: That during Covid the expectation was that the suicide rate would rise due to stresses related to the lockdown. Instead it fell, and I am interested in why that happened. One likely explanation to my mind is that the unemployed make up a significant percentage of people who take their own life, and the relief provided by the increased welfare payments resulted in the suicide rate dropping precipitously among that cohort. Conversely, where unemployed people feel more targeted as happened under Robodebt: it would be logical to speculate that might cause a rise in the suicide rate. I don't have supporting data one way or the other regarding Robodebt. You made the claim that there was no statistical anomaly pointing to that. I would be interested in what the statistical evidence in this regard is. That's why I asked for the link related to your claim. For some reason, instead of supplying the relevant data that could confirm or refute your claim, you went off on a tangent. Can you just answer whether or not you have data related to suicide figures pertaining to Robodebt as you claimed, and if you do have it, supply the data?

Reaper.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.