S32 1.35% $3.66 south32 limited

Could BHP buy S32

1. 1,235 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 156
    Just throwing this out there for some constructive discussion.

been thinking BHP is trying to get greener and sold oil assets to wood side, thank the green activists that think you can switch off Fossil fuels overnight and power the entire globe with wind and sun, for that ideology we are now currently in an energy crisis were people in Europe are freezing to death. Anyway that is another story ill leave for another day.

At the same time as BHP sale, S32 is also selling so called dirty assets when coal prices are on a run. Both BHP and S32 are apparently buckling to this greener future pressure. it is appeasing all the fund managers out there that are being what i can only assume led by activists. The fund managers im assuming are saying get green or we dont invest in your company. Look how that is now turning out, oil at 80 and gas also on a run. This is only my opinion but this ideology that we can simply revert to green fuels in such a short period has to be one of the biggest Ponzi schemes ive ever seen , and im sure some big players are making some crazy amounts of money from this scheme.

And before the activists come on having a crack at me, im all for a greener world for my kids, but seriously its gone to far. You only got to look and every news report about energy these days to realise the issues with switching away from oil and gas

Anyway i digress, peoples thoughts or analysis on BHP sells oil/gas and now potentially has a void to fill via a greener and profitable S32????
    BHP spun off S32 as it was perceived as less than ideal assets, however now i feel s32 could grow into a very robust company in the next few years.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add S32 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.66
Change
-0.050(1.35%)
Mkt cap ! $16.57B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.73 $3.73 $3.60 $56.87M 15.57M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 348810 $3.65

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.66 22679 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
S32 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.