PAR 2.17% 23.5¢ paradigm biopharmaceuticals limited..

Hmm an interesting read for sure. You know when one invests in...

1. 4,285 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6802
    Hmm an interesting read for sure. You know when one invests in any company or investment venture we need to consider all sides of arguments both positive and negative.

I've always been a proponent of the 'Yin' and the 'Yang'..trying to weigh up both sides...I understand this may not necessarily be a debate but allow me to briefly present a few of my thoughts on this article.

Yes there certainly are pain relieving elements in Cannabis and that's no doubt one of the reasons the FDA has not stopped this from being allowed in various US States and other countries like Canada have done the same. Whether it has the ability to regress OA or tackle BMEL is something else and as the article suggests, objective human clinical trials are required to substantiate and test this theory. Even if it proves that there is some merit to this action they are at least 5 - 8 years behind us.

Then there is also the other side of Cannabis, there haven't been too many comprehensive longitudinal studies in this area. There is some evidence of Cannabis on the brain particularly in younger folk. There is also some evidence of elevated heart rates which could be an issue with medium to older patients (Higher rates of OA patients in this age stratum). Longer term use certainly needs to be studied and again there is some discussion of Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome.1

Have a read of the below link for further information:

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/marijuana

As I say, we must keep abreast of the negatives as well, specially when one has a decent exposure to a particular investment.

One final word and you know what it will be: DYOR.

References:
    1) https://www.cedars-sinai.org/health-library/diseases-and-conditions/c/cannabinoid-hyperemesis-syndrome.html

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.