BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

could favipirivir become a serious contender

1. 9,498 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 652
    Hi everyone,

The seem to be clearing for Biota with Relenza soon in the drivers seat and tamiflu on the way out.

We can anticipate the 90 million dishalers per annum to be sold, as they are being produced each Quarter.

The rotacaphalers are still a grey area but hopefully GSK is keeping to its promisises and they are now being produced and sold as we speak (can not find any evidence of this so far) but hope this is happening.

But what about any possible future contenders to take market share away from Biota???

Imho the biggest treat will be Favipirivir which is now in Phase 111 being trialed in the USA.
    It is a product that belongs to Toyama a Japanese company and its orally taken.

It has been proven to work 25 hours after infection and preventing dead.
    It also seems to work against H5N1 , influenza , hepatites c infection and yellow fever infection.

The big question is now how will Lani and Relenza stand up in against this new drug once appoved???

Orally taken drugs like Tamiflu was the antiviral of choice, will Favipirivir get the same benefit??

I believe that governments around the world will stock possible all 3 antivirals being relenza ,lani and favipirir, not to make the same mistake again as with Tamiflu.

And I expect the market to be large enough to accomodate favipirir next to Relenza and Lani.

But I would like to hear opinions on this future scenario.

jojo

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.