BQT bqt solutions limited

could it be nexus software?

1. 18 Posts.
    Dear all BQT watchers...

Please refer to the Nexus Software announcement below, released last Friday (preumambly US time). I wonder whether BQT's client could be Nexus Software? Why? Whilst pure speculation on my part, four primary reasons, in no particular order of importance:

1) The timing of Nexus Software's announcement - may explain the rally in BQT's share price on Friday?
    2) Who the owner of Nexus Software is - Diebold (see www.diebold.com) - major player in ATMs
    3) The fague reference to "Nexus Distributed Client middleware is the result of intensive collaboration with our partner solution providers to offer a solution that easily and seamlessly connects a device or system to any other device or system". This is interesting for two reasons (i) result of intensive collaboration (Genner's announcement talks about 2 years of development); (ii) it does not name the "partner solution providers" - perhaps due to confidentiality requirements?
    4) Nexus Software has its main development offices in the UK (BQT are to be paid in GBPs), but is headquartered in the US.

Just speculation on my part....will be interesting to learn who the partner is, if and when BQT announces to the market....

RALEIGH, N.C., July 1, 2005 – Nexus Software, a provider of multi-channel client middleware for financial services delivery, announced the availability of Nexus Distributed Client (DC) middleware, which provides enhanced flexibility, architectural choice and lower total cost of ownership for financial institutions.

Nexus DC middleware supports server-based financial services solutions for ATM, branch and kiosk touchpoints. Configuration and application control is centralized on Windows® 2000 or 2003 server-based systems. Device control is distributed from the server to thick, slim and thin clients running either Windows or Linux.

"Building on our multi-channel INvolve® and XFSConnect middleware foundations, Nexus DC middleware provides an extensible platform for financial solutions that meets the many needs of financial institutions for systems flexibility and device choice," said Robert Usner, director of Marketing and Product Management for Nexus Software. "The distributed client middleware combines the broadest eXtensions for Financial Services (XFS) device support in the market with the ultimate in deployment flexibility, allowing for lower systems and administrative costs with no loss in reliability or device speed."

Nexus Software’s "Zero Touch" administration tools are integrated into the DC environment and work under the Nexus Enterprise Configuration Utility (ECU). Solution providers and bank end customers can experience significantly reduced total cost of ownership when these capabilities are integrated into branch automation and branch platform solutions.

"Nexus Distributed Client middleware is the result of intensive collaboration with our partner solution providers to offer a solution that easily and seamlessly connects a device or system to any other device or system," said Skip Williams, general manager of Nexus Software. "Our end result is middleware that maximizes productivity and lowers administration maintenance throughout a financial institution’s many channels. By working within multiple configurations and environments, the offering increases flexibility, while lowering the total cost of ownership."

Nexus DC middleware is available now as part of a special professional services and software bundle, which includes training, migration services, setup analysis and support services for early adopters of Nexus DC for their branch, kiosk or ATM solutions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BQT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.