ICN 0.00% 0.6¢ icon energy limited

could mpo be a j/v in atp855?, page-7

1. 8,561 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2831
    Rich,
    mate I read the presentation, but clearly you did not.
    I have got no idea about MEL -thats someone else's idea.

But, wrt to an MPO/ICN tie-up, its just a thought.

For you to scream "haven't you read the presentation?" to various posters - well you need to be very clear - and you are not!

No where - NO WHERE does MPO say they will NOT invest in Aust assets in the future!

They DO say they will have "a North American geographic focus" - unquote.

BUT - they also DO say (page 17 for you to read again):
    - new business development will be focussed on
    - onshore unconventional oil and gas (no where does it state "only in USA or Canada" AND hello- ICN ATP855 is onshore and is unconventional!
    - in countries with existing Molopo positions - again "hello" - both MPO and ICN are in Aus, and MPo still has existing positions in Aust - and my main point in my first post, is that MPO KNOWS the AUST environment.
    - leverage strengths - mate, MPO strength IS in shale!
    - "move focus towards dev't " - thats what ICN want to do with ATP855
    - "Target operatorship in early resource plays; consider JVs to reduce risk/access capability" - thats exactly what I said - ICN seems happy to relinquish operatorship to an experienced and cashed up J/V partner - its just got to get into bed with one!

SO - just because MPO might sell Qld CSG assets does not mean that they would not get back into unconventional O&G assets in Aust. Their CSG assets were too small, and they seem to figure that those assets are worth more in the hands of someone else.

So please don't bag other posters and claim we have not read the presentation, when it is clear that perhaps you may need to go back and have another read.

i did preface my original post by acknowledging that it was just speculation. if one wants to make a $ on the ASX, one needs to be ahead of the pack!

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.