AUR 0.00% 0.8¢ auris minerals limited

Could RNI have the next DeGrussa?

1. 13,820 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 694
    I'd love to hope that, but DeG is special.

Anyway, I am prompted to start this thread so as to copy in a post I just did on THX, so as to correct a misconception there. However, before I do that, I have to say that I think the answer is "a good chance, yes."

THX site below

Grubarura: "difference is the SFR had much more cash'

Grub, and others, read this. Extracted verbatim from "The Sandfire Story" from the SFR website.

This is the true story.

" By 2008, exploration of the Doolgunna prospects had been under way for some years without any breakthroughs. Driller Dave DeGrussa had returned some positive gold values in the area now named DeGrussa, but no commercial finds had been identified. In spite of a substantial investment injection by Korean steel giant Posco, by late in the year money was tight and the effects of the Global Financial Crisis (GFC) were being felt across the world.
    At the end of a tough year, with cash supplies dwindling and more GFC trouble looming, the difficult decision to carry out staff retrenchments was taken. As Karl Simich explains, the board’s responsibility was to maintain and protect the Company’s assets in the interests of its shareholders.
    "Battening down the hatches" and preserving cash and assets slowed the "death by a thousand cuts" that the Company had been suffering in the global downturn, but something more was needed.

Geologist Margy Hawke had been working through a reverse circulation (RC) drilling program designed by Sandfire’s Chief Technical Director, geologist John Evans, looking for evidence of mineralisation in the north-eastern corner of the Doolgunna tenements. Their search was primarily for gold but John Evans said that VMS (Volcanogenic Massive Sulphides) associated copper was always considered a "good second prize".
    The crew was living in the shearers’ quarters of the old Doolgunna homestead and life was sometimes tough. There was no air conditioning and sleeping in their shearer’s bunks was often difficult in the desert heat, especially for those whose quarters faced west. As the afternoon sun lowered to the horizon, the rooms heated up to furnace level.

On Discovery Day, as usual the team set out pretty early to get their day’s work under way, driving 25 kilometres to get to the drill site.

They had encountered dreadful ground conditions in the area, and in Karl Simich’s words they had "hit a brick wall". Frustrated by the conditions but determined not to give up, Margy wanted to revisit an area previously drilled. Because of the difficult ground conditions, Margy decided to drill vertical rather than the normally inclined RC drill holes and go deeper.
    There is some conjecture as to which came first – Margy and her team receiving permission to go ahead and spend the money to drill the additional holes, or the drilling itself. Either way, the drilling went ahead, and one of the holes gave up a pile of black, muddy chips. Washing and sifting these and seeing a kaleidoscope of highly evolved minerals, Margy knew she was looking at the signature of a VMS associated orebody
    It was enough to prompt John Evans to send a ‘Doolgunna Project Drilling Program Update’ to the Australian Stock Exchange, stating that "Sandfire has drilled close spaced deep vertical drill holes that have intersected lengthy (up to 70 metres) intervals, to depths of 230 metres, of metal sulphide-rich mineralisation, with geological evidence of copper being present".
    Margy and her drill operator had found the DeGrussa orebody."

"Ripleys, believe or not" perhaps. Wonderful story!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $3.813M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.8¢ 0.8¢ 0.8¢ $800 100K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 292000 0.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.8¢ 100000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.08pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AUR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.