SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

Could Sundance displace BHP & RIO?

1. 29,310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    If any have seen this article, please disregard.
    Just read it, and wondered if it could be possible?
    For long term SDL holders, I hope it is......
    I dont like what BHP & RIO are intentionally doing to the IO price, and they are ramping up to ship even more...
    An interesting article in concept....
    "
    Strategically, the Sundance project would be the largest independent source of iron-ore in the world, uncontrolled by either Vale, Rio Tinto, BHP, or Glencore, which is also starting an iron-ore mine at the Congo. For Bogolyubov’s strategy to succeed, a revolution in iron-ore pricing must convince the Chinese banks that the major producers can be knocked off their benchmarks, and the volatile spot-market pricing currently dominated by small, high-cost producers replaced by more direct Chinese control.
    Bogolyubov’s entry would make him the single largest investor in Sundance. He replaces the Sichuan Hanlong group, whose owner, Liu Han, attempted a $1.2 billion takeover of Sundance between 2011 and 2013. The Hanlong bid collapsed when Liu and his brother were arrested on corruption, murder, and other charges. In March of this year the brothers were convicted and sentenced to death.Their fate suspended negotiations for Chinese bank financing for the project. These negotiations now resume with Bogolyubov and the Noble Group, the Singapore–based trader, which signed an agreement with Sundance in March to ship and sell mine production.
    The financing requirement is estimated at $3.5 billion for the rail, port, power and other infrastructure costs, plus $1.1 billion for the mine itself."

The full article is quite long, but interesting reading. See what you think....is it possible?

http://johnhelmer.net/?p=11594#more-11594

GZ

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.