FML 3.33% 14.5¢ focus minerals ltd

Hi Rod,I have no clue about TA, Macd, Bollinger Bands et.al. and...

1. 875 Posts.
    Hi Rod,

I have no clue about TA, Macd, Bollinger Bands et.al. and whatever else. Yet, I would also be in a free carry position if I so chose to be right now. Guess that's just luck also.

Now, i do read your posts, you are not on ignore, and you post a heck of a lot more than i do on this and other stocks. What i would like to know, if you'd be so kind to assist, it explain exactly what makes TA worthwhile? I have pondered many times about learning TA, however, it is the posters in this forum (and reading constant articles about people who rely solely on TA don't make a buck, their brokers do) that turn me off it.

Take the past 2 weeks on FML as an example. I have read many posts, and all from "purported" TA folk, and many have come up with different answers. I have witnessed 9.1, 9.0, 8.5, 8.4, 8.3, 8.1, 8.0 and 7.0 mentioned as where this stock is headed (and the supposed best time to buy). I may be wrong, but i thought TA would not be a paradox in any way shape or form. i.e. it is fact, and that is it. How so, are there so many different prices mooted as being the potential "bottom" for FML? How do you know which one is right? Even yourself, you said that if doesn't stop at 8.0, it could be 7.0? How do you know this, and if your TA analysis said to buy at 8.0, then wouldn't you just buy at 8.0 (so you didn't miss the next leg up) and if it dipped to 7.9, headed to 7.0, you'd already be committed, and/or run your stop...

I am not trying to have a go at you at all, even though you do portray a large amount negativity on the FML thread, but i am really struggling to see how so many different results can come from a single method (is it single?) that i didn't think would be largely open to interpretation (isn't that what FA is, working out where you think the stock will go - interpretation!!!).

Since TA projects both rises and falls, when its going north, how about peppering the forum with some positive comments, or is that ramping in your mind.

I must admit, i am a fan of Pinto, Kalim, Choo (who is AWOL) and sitting on this stock for eternity.

"would hate to hold over the weekend" - PS, the end of the Mayan Calendar is 12.12.12... you got that a little wrong..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FML (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.5¢
Change
-0.005(3.33%)
Mkt cap ! $41.55M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.0¢ 15.0¢ 14.5¢ $3.724K 25.03K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 63063 14.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.0¢ 130790 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.46am 12/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FML (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.