DJIA 0.31% 26,683 dow jones industrials

Let me assure you no one knows where the DOW is going. We have...

1. gxb
    1,126 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Let me assure you no one knows where the DOW is going. We have so many unknowns at the moment such as the huge bank debts in the US, the massive foreclosures in the US property market, job losses and the list goes on.

The positive out all of this is the US Fed Reserve and US Government intervention and this will make a huge difference to confidence levels. They will do what has to be done to restore confidence and bring back liquidity to the market. You see the US Government understands they have to react to this otherwise we will probably have the worst market downturn in decades. With the great depression (1929 - 1939) the US Government at the time did not know how to respond to the crisis and did very little. You see you now have Mr Obama who wants to create 3 million jobs or more, wants to upgrade infrastructure, wants to create a "Bad Bank" and transfer all of the toxic assets from their books to this 'Bad Bank', etc. The people running these governments now are lateral thinkers and will do what has to be done to bring confidence back to the market.

I work in this industry and not even the experts who have been around for 30 years do not know if the DOW is going to stabilise at 8000 or drop below that. Therefore, all of you hotcopper experts who know what will happen in the next 12 - 24 months should come and work in the money markets as you will make clients heaps of money as you can predict the future.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.