PER 1.35% 7.5¢ percheron therapeutics limited

Could the immune system be key to Alzheimer’s disease?, page-4

1. 1,516 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1899
    "Well well well.. the evidence is piling up", @George1972

The article Could the immune system be key to Alzheimer's disease by Esther Landhuis, published in February 2021, is suggestive that the evidence is indeed piling up i.e. inflammation is a key driver of disease. Its also a reminder how scientists and Big Pharma can get things wrong for far longer than you could have thought possible.

The focus of Alzheimer's research has been centred upon clumps of amyloid in the Alzheimer's brain. Scientists and massively funded research teams have been on the amyloid merry-go-round for 30 years developing anti-amyloid treatments. A number of scientists, however, have begun to think outside the box by asking a simple question, what if the amyloid accumulated as a consequence of the disease?

Its important to ask the right question. If amyloid is a consequence of the disease and not a cause then we need to look upstream for the therapeutic target. So, is Alzheimer's research at all relevant for Antisense Therapeutics and the lead investigational drug ATL1102? I guess you need to ask the right question, a question probably best directed at Roche and Sarepta Therapeutics.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PER (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.