"wicked and cruel that requires refugee families to be kidnapped...

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    "wicked and cruel that requires refugee families to be kidnapped on the high seas"

So, instead of "rescuing" or "kidnapping" as you say, do you just want a free passage for them to land on one of our beaches and then fend for themselves?

A bit of perspective GM. The majority of these people are muslim males. The majority are not families! If they bring their passports, I am sure processing would be much quicker. So, whose at fault for them turning up without passports?????????

Twenty thousand people are arriving a year. That means we are creating small cities of people every year. You want Australia to create "small cities" of people who have arrived here without passports (even though they do have them) without going through a thorough process of checking.

Again GM, you have so much sympathy for the "boat people" but where is your concern for those stuck in refugee camps with about a 1000th of the services/facilities that people who are "kidnapped at high seas" get.

Out of sight out of mind????????? I am sure those stuck in remote refugee camps on the border of some war torn country would give anything in the world to be kidnapped at high seas. But, they will never get the chance because they don't have the money.

I wish i could come up with a term for people like you who have such compassion for boat people/queue jumpers/paying refugees, but don't make the slightest bit of noise for the poor people who keep getting shunted back in the refugee line because they don't have $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

"Money makes the world go round" hey. So, true it is sickening and people like you are condoning it.

Sorry, i say all of that with great respect for you because i know you are a good man and I love your contributions.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.