FME 8.70% 2.1¢ future metals nl

Of course, yes, that kind of thing does happen. Seen it myself...

1. 478 Posts.
    Of course, yes, that kind of thing does happen. Seen it myself on the AIM- a large rise a day or 2 before the news is released.

This is quite different though as RMP were not at the primary zones when it rose up to these heights. So I'd say we can discount insider trading when it comes to the rise from 11p-33p, since, well, there was no information to report.

But only once have I seen a company have a placing and then in the following few days announce an oil strike. This caused the conspiracy theorists on AIM to scream about insider trading for months, and this event is still referenced today (GKP had a massive rise shortly after a placing, when they hit a huge oil strike). This was 3 years ago as well.

But once does not a rule make. Once can be explained away as simple good fortune. I've also seen examples of placings that happened before bad news was announced (Desire Petroleum raised cash at 140p, and a couple of weeks later announced a duster. The share price is now 28p and has little chance of ever seeing those heights again, so the institution lost in that case). And we only have to look at RRS to see that placings don't always mean the stock is undervalued or about to rise- the 17p Trinidad placing stands out there.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FME (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.1¢
Change
-0.002(8.70%)
Mkt cap ! $12.02M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.2¢ 2.2¢ 2.1¢ $2.403K 109.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 799502 2.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.2¢ 1397044 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.09am 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FME (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.