PEN 0.00% 10.5¢ peninsula energy limited

could this fellow be writing about pen

1. 1,868 Posts.
    From The Daily Reckoning

China's Nuclear Build-Out Begins...

China has eleven nuclear reactors already. It is also building seventeen, has a further thirty-four planned and seventy-six proposed. A total of one hundred and seven!

In fact, if you add up ALL the nuclear reactors worldwide that are proposed, planned, or in construction, then you are looking at a total of 347 new nuclear power plants.

Let me put that into perspective. That is an 80% increase on the current figure. What it does is create a huge new demand for nuclear fuel.

Last year the nuclear power industry needed sixty-five thousand tonnes of uranium to fuel its reactors, according to the World Nuclear Association. With 347 new reactors coming on line over the next five to fifteen years, demand for reactor fuel will grow considerably.

You see, when new reactors start up, they need three times the amount of uranium to begin generating power, compared to reactors that are already on-line and operating normally.

On the demand side, then, the picture is clearly very bullish. But there are justifiable concerns forming as to where this is all going to come from. Demand is already exceeding production by 50%.

The gap has been made up - until now - by a post-cold war program that turned nuclear warheads from the inter-continental ballistic missiles of the former Soviet Union into nuclear fuel. That, plus mine supply from major sources like BHP's Olympic Dam, has been enough to keep the market supplied.

But the agreement with the Russians expires in 2013 and probably won't be renewed. By then, demand will have grown even more. Mine supply alone won't even make up the difference. It takes nearly ten years to plan and get permission for a new uranium mine. The supply crunch will be upon us well before then.

That means Aussie investors need to find uranium producers who will be producing uranium no later than 2013.

There are two other factors you should think about. First, cost of production. With the strong Aussie dollar, local miners are doing it tough on the international stage. Second, the amount of mine production a company can sustain over ten years.

This last point may be the single post important thing to understand about Aussie uranium stocks. It could be the difference between a winning investment and a losing one. I can't tell you exactly what this metric is. That's for paying subscribers of my newsletter only.

But I can tell you I've found one Aussie uranium stock that ticks all three boxes for me: it plans to begin production before 2013, it has found a unique way to reduce its production costs and it has the ONE characteristic of a future uranium mine that I believe puts it in position to benefit from rising uranium prices in the future.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $334.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.0¢ 10.5¢ 10.0¢ $11.89M 113.6M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
70 8274579 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 2365100 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.