NDO 1.64% 93.0¢ nido education limited

could this small cap share become blue chip ?

1. 9,352 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 722
    http://www.articlesbase.com/wealth-building-articles/could-this-small-cap-share-go-blue-chip-4544363.html

The typical Small Capitalisation Share costs only cents and has not been around long enough to make good profits or pay dividends. How can you pick a stock that can that can go from cents to dollars in a short time? It's not easy! Most micro cent shares take years for the company to establish themselves, even in the case of miners and explorers. What you can find is a firm that has done the hard yards of building an exploration portfolio of mining or fuel areas and the share price has not yet caught up with their true value.

In the case of an oil exploration company it is necessary to have a claim area that has shown a good ratio of successful wells drilled and some producing wells. It needs to have large oil bearing potential targets of many millions of barrels of oil and drilling should be in the near future.

Nido Petroleum ticks all the right boxes. Last year Nido produced 800 thousand barrels of oil and earned revenue of $60 million but still made a large loss due to a write down of $47 million on the Tindalo oil field. The Tindalo field had extreme technical troubles and was abandoned even though it struck commercial oil. Excluding the write down Nido would have made $4 million profit.

Starting in the second quarter this year the company expects to drill 5 exploration wells with the first starting in May mostly financed by Shell. The well is in water about 1 km deep and should cost about $25 million to drill. The site has had all the latest tests seabed coring, seepage etc and Shell would not farm in if they did not think there was a good chance of success.

The oil field is estimated to contain 1 billion barrels of oil and with Nido retaining 35% of the field the present share price of 13 cents will take off like a rocket if the well is successful. Can you believe a company with this much potential would have such a low price?

This is still the norm for low capitalisation so called penny shares, there are many stocks under 5 cents that still have a good chance of being successful and of course starting from such a low price gives them the possibility of huge percentage gains. I can not recommend that you buy these shares I do not have a financial advisors license, but I do advise you to research this and other micro cent shares to try to find your own bonanza stock.

Of course I have invested in this and 40 other penny shares hoping for good profits from a low outlay. The past 2-3 years have been a disaster for low cost shares but I think the stock market is about to come good. Good Luck!

Read more: http://www.articlesbase.com/wealth-building-articles/could-this-small-cap-share-go-blue-chip-4544363.html#ixzz1ImA2MKpq
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NDO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
93.0¢
Change
0.015(1.64%)
Mkt cap ! $212.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
91.5¢ 93.0¢ 91.5¢ $32.22K 35.01K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 53556 89.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
93.0¢ 24684 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NDO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.