PLS 0.69% $2.88 pilbara minerals limited

Financial analysts whether they be on Wall St., Bay St Toronto,...

1. 286 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 422
    Financial analysts whether they be on Wall St., Bay St Toronto, or in Sydney have two habits that no matter where the analyst sits, crop up regularly.
    First, they frequently begin writing their advisory piece BEFORE they complete their reading on a particular subject and second they often"talk their book" which means try to re-inforce their already existing recommendations.

This commentary from Blue Ocean( which is great name) suffers from both of those deficits. PLS has already told ALL of us why they have up to 49% of their recently fully commissioned mine up for sale -one day after declaring the mine was in full commission- they want to get a greater level of involvement in the conversion phase of LI into LI carbonate and LI hydroxide. Why they might want to do this only pops out at investors when they realize that the converted products are in high demand and carry a greater margin than raw LI itself.

The only surprising thing about the whole thing was the speed- one day after declaring commercial production PLS says - oh by the way we are prepared to and will sell up to almost half of this newly constructed and commissioned mine. If you are an existing holder of PLS, you as I did, may have thought - wow these PLS guys are good, they are already chasing greater downstream profit after bringing a mine into existence in near record time.

Seasoned retail investors realize that declaring commercial production means that the miner has overcome most, if not all, kinks in the production process. That is something Blue Ocean seems to have missed.

As a holder of PLS, I appreciate the price target view of Blue Ocean; but those price targets would have been more powerfully supported if BO had run down the roster of companies that have ALREADY announced they are committing BILLIONS of dollars to EVs.-- FORD, Mercedes, Tata Motors spring to mind. Auto companies cannot miss EV production numbers in today's competitive market without severe damage to their company's share price.

The BO analyst would do all of us a great service if s/he would calculate how much LI carbonate/Li Hydroxide EV makers IN CHINA need to service their in country needs. BYD is going gangbusters building EV buses in China and each of them uses large chunks of converted LI. Great Wall and others are doing great work making EV cars etc.

PLS is an investment that will give all of us a great ride.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.88
Change
-0.020(0.69%)
Mkt cap ! $8.671B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.87 $2.93 $2.84 $50.85M 17.65M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5000 $2.87

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.88 179945 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.