MSB 13.0% $1.31 mesoblast limited

Countdown to Interim Analysis, page-149

1. 233 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3441
    O Sage one,

Fair enough. Appreciate the spirit of your response...Perhaps MSC's do work in part through paracrine-like effects. Dr Caplan calls them "Medicinal Signalling Cells" which underlines their ability to influence host cells probably through a variety of extra-cellular - and intra-cellular - mechanisms. Because extra-cellular signalling ultimately leads to intra-cellular effects on host cells. Such as cell division... or cell death.... or cell trafficking/movement... or cell secretions/feedback signalling...or creation of immune synapses.... or others. So, a complex interplay of extra-cellular and intra-cellular effects and not just on endothelial and epithelial host cells... let's throw in mesothelial cells too and cover the bases. The beauty of living MSC's compared to say inanimate monoclonal antibodies or small molecule anti-virals is that they can "size up" a multitude of parameters in a multitude of micro-environments and react accordingly with just the right mechanism and just the right dose of signalling molecules and cytokines they carry... they can "immune modulate" just the right amount... not to mention potential direct viricidal effects.

I hope that doesn't sound like pumping? I'm taking some liberties after reading your last post on the wonders and potentials of MSC's and MPC's and pending trials and huge market opportunities.

Techfan20 can fend for himself, I'm sure, I chimed in only with the hope of learning something new on mechanism(s) of action. We were both investors in Osiris, so we've also followed this technology for a number of years... At least 10 years for me, probably longer for him. Maybe longer than for you. He certainly knows more history of Osiris and the technology than I do. And I know he orients his posts as summaries for newer investors who might be visiting the message board for the first time. And he spreads the word on other forums such as Twitter... what appears to be "hype" for a veteran MSB investor might be a welcome, ready summary of where the company stands for a new visitor to the message board...

We're all trying to learn, exchange, contribute... we all have a roll to play and varying levels of expertise. The information available on this board amazes me...there's a true "wiki" effect.

Not everyone is a scientist or a physician. And that's ok. I guess one can even be titled a sage and not be either of those... But for clear communications it is important at least to get the nomenclature straight, which I would expect doctors and scientists... and especially sages to do. For example, there's the virus "SARS-CoV-2" and there's the disease it causes, labelled "Covid-19". However, "COVID 19 SARS ll". I don't quite know what to make of that....

But then I'm not a sage, far from it. It's late here, maybe the virus has us all a little on edge. glta.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.31
Change
0.150(13.0%)
Mkt cap ! $1.490B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.15 $1.33 $1.15 $25.26M 19.99M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 161000 $1.30

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.31 50400 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.