counterfeit christianity, page-22

1. 11,939 Posts.

Was this your personal view that he was not or is this view endorsed by the Watchtower?
    -----------
    RM, everything I have learned in life came from someone else. My family had no Bible in the house & never discussed religion. The religious snippets I picked up from various sources had little influence in my life since I thought there was no way of knowing for certain what was truth.
    After being contacted by Jehovah's Witnesses that all changed. I quickly realized that everything they taught was based on the Bible. From there despite my best efforts to prove otherwise I became convinced the Bible is from God.
    There has been long held beliefs I have had to discard and lots of life style changes I have needed to make but I have come to appreciate it has been to my benefit.
    With regard to Jesus concern for social injustices he beautifully illustrated the futility of reform bringing lasting benefits.
    “Nobody sews a patch of unshrunk cloth upon an old outer garment; for its full strength would pull from the outer garment and the tear would become worse. Neither do people put new wine into old wineskins; but if they do, then the wineskins burst and the wine spills out and the wineskins are ruined. But people put new wine into new wineskins.”
    ( Matthew 9:14-17 )
    Jesus was helping the disciples of John the Baptist to appreciate that no one should expect his followers to conform to the old practices of Judaism, such as ritual fasting. He did not come to patch up and prolong old worn-out systems of worship that were ready to be discarded. Christianity would not be made to conform to the Judaism of the day with its traditions of men. No, it would not be as a new patch on an old garment or as new wine in an old wineskin.
    Jesus taught his followers to look to God's Kingdom to replace man's misrule of the earth as the solution to all of mankind's ills.(Matthew 6:9,10)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.