Bowral, thank you for your response. I was expecting such a...

1. 6,931 Posts.
    Bowral, thank you for your response. I was expecting such a reply except you have enlightened me to the cult of Simon Magus, a view of early Church history that I have not heard of before.

Your source has gone on and on about Simon Magus, trying to convince us that Simon Magus is the Simon Peter the Church claims for its own. Thus, you hope, destroying any claim by Rome. One is then expected to believe that every Bishop of Rome after Peter is not of the Church, they have been following a pagan belief for 2000 years! I think this presents problems for your position because you still have to point to the Church of Christ through history, that historical Church established by the Apostles. We say it is the Catholic Church, you must tell us where is the history of the Church. Point to it, tell me where it is. But you cannot because your belief system has no 2000 year history, only a very recent history.

One of the ironies of all this is that you rely on the Authority of a corrupt pagan body (your view) to canonise the Book you rely on! How can you trust it?

With regard to the tomb of Peter under the high altar, there was an archaeological investigation in the late 1940s, I have a copy of the report, instigated by Pius XII. One can arrange a visit to the tomb (and necropolis) under St Peters in advance. Only small groups can visit, about 12 at a time. Everything about the tomb is in accord with the 2000 year history of the site, including Barbarian attacks.

While you may reject what the Catholic Church says, the Gospels are clear about the role of Peter, Jesus chose him to lead. Why then would he leave no mechanism for leading the church into the future? Would he abandon us after saying I will be with you to the end of time.
    I might also add my point about the Orthodox Church, they believe as Catholics do, there is very little difference except for the leadership of the Pope. But because people like you have been brain washed from the Reformation and target Rome and its doctrines you forget the Orthodox. Regrettably bigoted sources have clouded your mind.

You will be pleased to know that Faith is a gift, as Peter experienced it when Jesus told him he would be the solid Rock of his church.

I still want the history of your position pointed out to me – and I do not mean the odd event here and there, as occurred with the Albigensians.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.