You copy and paste a book and then expect me to respond!?I...

1. 6,931 Posts.
    You copy and paste a book and then expect me to respond!?

I scanned some chapters. I note that Lucian is accepted as one of the true believers. About Lucian, the Catholic encyclopaedia of 1911 says:
    http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/09409a.htm

He returned to the boosom of the Church but information could be better.

It does not surprise that some Protestant would come up with such a work because Protestantism really needs that Apostolic connection. Only the Catholic Church can demonstrate such a connection despite any denials to the contrary.

I noted this comment:
    “The church organization developed by the Papacy is hierarchal.
    Throughout its history it has believed in the union of church and state.”

If you have ever read any history of the church you will know this is just wrong! There has been a constant battle for the church to maintain control of the Church and reject secular attempts to control.

Essentially I think the core of the claim of this author resides in this:

"The Vaudois (Waldenses) are in fact descended from those refugees from Italy, who, after St. Paul had there preached the gospel, abandoned their beautiful country and fled like the woman mentioned in the Apocalypse, to these wild mountains, where they have to this day handed down the gospel from father to son in the same purity and simplicity as it was preached by St. Paul."
    It is this claimed continuous connection you crave but Waldensianism dates from 1000 yrs after Christ, not as early as this.

It is a clever attempt at justification but not convincing.

The sad fact is that protestanism is a failure, it has spawned hundreds of churches none of whom are in union on anything. That great idea of the Bible Alone has given us division because it leaves the Book open to any personal interpretation. Thus union, the union Christ prayed for at the Last Supper, is impossible. Union is only possible in the Church.

Just to show how absurd Protestantism can be, I read of two churches in the USA who would not talk to each other because one taught that Christ was nailed with three nails and the other insisted it was four nails! None of it in the Bible!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.