ELE 0.00% 0.5¢ elmore ltd

For those concerned about the current proceedings. First let me...

1. 3,284 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    For those concerned about the current proceedings. First let me just say, the outcome of this case will not be known for some time. You will not hear anything this week. Anyone attending court will not hear a judgement. The court will retire and the judge will type up a very lengthy judgement that will likely take months, as is my understanding of the process if it is correct.

The case has previously gone in favour of NSL Consolidated. I refer you to the last three paragraphs of the case file from August 2016.

"87 Coal Hub also submits that 'strict proof' of the matters said by Mr Biggs to be derived from the announcements should be dispensed with on the basis that the announcements are sources of information within his field of expertise.[24] Given the significance of these matters to Mr Biggs' report, and given the issues between Mr Biggs and Mr Arnott, the statements in the announcements cannot be admitted on that basis.

88 For these reasons, I upheld the defendant's objections to statements in the ASX announcements which have the character of an expert or other opinion, including any report or statement as to the establishment of an Inferred or Indicated Mineral Resource, or as to the reasonable prospects of economic extraction, unless the Competent Person making that statement is called to give evidence.

89 The result of that ruling is that, on this ground, at least the following objections to Mr Biggs' report are upheld: objections 1, 4, 6, 12 14, 27, 28, 31 32, 35 and 36. The lack of articulated reasoning means that, while it would appear that objections 18 20, 25, 26, 33, 37 and 38 are also upheld on this ground, that cannot be said with certainty."

http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/s...016/257.html?stem=0&synonyms=0&query=coal hub

I suggest anyone at all concerned by the court proceedings read through the previous judgement. Unless there is something new, I do not personally believe that this will go against NSL.

I personally see no value fixating on this court case, it has nothing to do with the company fundamentals and is for such a negligible sum, in addition to my personal (unprofessional) belief that it is likely to go in our favour.

Just my 2c

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ELE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.