PLL 2.50% 19.5¢ piedmont lithium inc.

The decision reflects the ongoing tension between...

1. 296 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 113
    The decision reflects the ongoing tension between environmentalists and industry as the United States tries to wean its economy off fossil fuels and go electric. Lithium is a key component of electric vehicle (EV) batteries.The endangered species designation does not immediately block the project, but could impede permitting and financing efforts. Construction had been slated to start this year, with the mine opening by 2023.

Reuters reported last week that U.S. President Joe Biden plans to look abroad for most supplies of EV metals, part of a strategy designed to placate environmentalists. read more

So if court cases are just an excuse to short then why is Biden changing arrrze over teeet and going back to importing lithium ?

Reuters here in the EU & I guess US are no mugs and don't want to be sued either.

The age of clean green power is in full flow.

Problem is its now all about the green environment.

A double edged sword?

I wondered ( disliked the PLL African move - been there with Kazera in Namibia ) why PLL had gone for Ironridge as I had already research it and didn't like it much, a lot of cash needed and tbh its Africa anything goes there , including governments, genocide , famine you name it anything could happen. This investment as a single investment by PLL rather than a safer Canadian operation is cause to apply a risk factor.

Shipping tons of raw dirt or LCE or even if we are lucky Li2OH fully processed is not the point to zero Carbon footprint , again bring in the greens ... ?

What a mixed message now. Far from my first buy based on my original estimate of NC only , producing 30,000 hydroxide - which is there fyi. Full estimates for TSB on its own 750mt LCE. That is why I bought in. Accepted the Sayona situation as it felt like Mr Musk was making the calls , but he must have given the go ahead for PLL to be spreading over to Africa as he said he would avoid Africa for the near term. I was very happy with that.

Keep operations simple, less things to go wrong.

Thats why Standard and Vulcan some of my money now.

Solid stable not spread over multiple locations and shipping here there and everywhere.

Musk wants zero carbon lithium , copper , manganese and nickel.

Can PLL now say they are or will be ? I doubt it now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.50%)
Mkt cap ! $77.66M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 20.0¢ 19.5¢ $161.9K 818.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 230949 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 65174 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
19.8¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 1.15 %)
Open High Low Volume
20.0¢ 20.0¢ 19.5¢ 291403
Last updated 15.56pm 06/05/2024 ?
PLL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.