CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

Court Cases

1. 3,053 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    One of the joys of the annual report is flicking to the contingent liability section to see what new court cases have been filed against a company. Sadly, CDU haven't provided an annual report yet, but no bother - we can still look at the Queensland Supreme court website to find out what CDU have been up to.

http://apps.courts.qld.gov.au/esearching/Results.aspx?Lastcompanyname=cudeco

So it appears that the Walz group are currently in court up against both CDU and Sinosteel. Walz of course were the SMP contractor.

It also appears that a Liam Robert Kiernan is suing CDU and Walz in a personal injury claim.

But what appears far more interesting is that CDU are being sued for money owed by a certain ex-Executive chairman of the company. Not only that but CDU are going to defend the claim and have filed a counter claim against the great man!

Leaving aside the incredible chutzpah of suing a company that had provided such great wealth to him and his family though salary, shares, accommodation bills and rental payments - The spectacle of CDU and Wayne McCrae arguing against each other in court would be so entertaining that they could fund the operations of the company simply by selling tickets and popcorn to the gallery. I know I'd pay to see it!
    Last edited by hottuna: 07/11/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.