BCS 0.00% 40.0¢ brisconnections unit trusts

court hearing, page-5

1. 3,816 Posts.
    ""the unsophisticated investors" are mot losing their house. They are just swapping it for a share of a toll road in Brisbane. In time they may end up better off."

Readers should note that hotcopper is effectively a masked ball, so you have little idea of who is behind a comment.

What I note about the above is that it substantially discounts the circumstances of purchase of the units. In this instance the purchasers claim that they incurred a liability close to the value of their home by pushing a button, had no form of warning, and were not required to give a formal acknowledgement that they understood the nature of the liability.

Compare this with the legal process that one must follow to purchase a property, and you quickly realise why many are prepared to contest the legality of the liability. Am I comparing apples and oranges? No way, Jose. In order to trade securities of similar risk, the potential trader must undertake substantial training and sign acknowledgements of their understanding of the risks. That BCSCA was allowed to be listed with ordinary securities is to me a complete abomination. And before anyone raises the "but there are others" line, let me say that the fact that there might already be a few cyanide pills in the marshmallows makes it no less reprehensible to throw in another.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BCS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.