NCM 0.00% $23.35 newcrest mining limited

what a day, can take your pick as to the reason behind such a...

1. 13,156 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2796
    what a day, can take your pick as to the reason behind such a move with AUD gold falling,,

Fat finger trade that left many effectivley short
    XJO breaking over 4800 to a higher level
    Pre existing shorts covering madly (yesterday was a large number) following ASX cancelling trade (If it was me, I would have suspended shares cancelled all trades and started over, that way no unsuspecting traders not involved would not have been swept up, but that my view only)
    End of month buying, book squaring
    Corporate activity - now this one got my attention as NCM was moving up strongly over last two days in spite of large fall in Gold price 1140-1411....

Personally I have no idea as I havent seen this ort of trade in NCM except when we finally took back the $30 mark after the GFC

Lots of big call buying volume up high for this month well out of the money, similar style trade imo that occured prior to the takeover of LGL, price keep rising despite gold falling...I dont know what it means so I just followed and bought some calls up high as insurance just in case as I was told it was nothing last time and well we all know what happened....lots of issues surrounding NCM at present...

Gold back on the move in usd terms

AUD could quite possibly continue its run with the US GOvernment looking to increase its debt limits, this could spur serious buying in our market from os investors looking for yield......

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NCM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.