LYC 0.16% $6.14 lynas rare earths limited

I didn't see 'your money your call' but found this blog from...

1. 1,355 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I didn't see 'your money your call' but found this blog from Australian shares sparty's blog:

"Lynas Corp Sky Your Money Your Call IGNORANCE
    September 5

The SKY Business Your Money Your Call team showed a vast ignorance of the Rare Earths and in particular LYNAS CORP. last week

The Fat Prophet's guy a technical analysts was pessimistic... but he is a technical analysts and so cannot be expected to know much about the subject.... but the fundamental analyst was just woeful.

The F.A. guy didn't have a clue but still strongly opined that Lynas was a dangerous play in that it was a low grade deposit with technical risks.

Nothing could have been further than the truth... LYC has the world's richest REE deposit at Mt Weld, W.A. and is mining it currently. They also have a REE processing plant in Malaysia well underway that will convert the REEs to the very valuable REO's. Recently LYC has put their foot on a large amount of H-REEs with their stake in NTU. LYC's market cap $1.78b and plenty of cash make it attractive.

But more importantly LYC will be the first new REO producer coming on stream in 2011. No other company is likely to be producing REO's with several years... Hence LYC will become the world's swing producer of REOs and with China stopping >75% of REO exports LYC is in a very nice space.

Finally, I wrote to the Fat Prophets a couple of years ago and asked about LYC they in effect said dangerous and silly to contemplate. I got in at $.03 and they are currently 33x that. (The exact same thing happened with EXT, I asked both Sky Business Your Money Your call and the Fat Prophets about Namibian Uranium companies and was told in effect... silly.)"
    Hope it adds a bit of perspective.
    Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.14
Change
-0.010(0.16%)
Mkt cap ! $5.734B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.21 $6.22 $6.07 $5.981M 974.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
40 22785 $6.14

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.15 11189 35
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.02pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.