VLA 0.00% $1.75 viralytics limited

Morning all,Even though there was not a lot 'new' in the Van...

1. 128 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3

Morning all,

Even though there was not a lot 'new' in the Van Leeuwenhoeck report, there were some comments which did make me think (quite a feat).
    Two comments I would LOVE some comments on from anyone with more knowledge than I:
    1. P10 Only 20% of population have been previously exposed to the virus used in CAVATAK. This low exposure may provide lower levels of pre-existing immunity…. and offer a potential advantage..
    2. p9 Patients body may develop neutralising antibodies to Cavatak within 14 days of dosing….which may decrease effectiveness in killing cancer cells, but continued CAVATAK dosing after neutralising antibodes develop seem to continue this drug’s ability to lyse new cancer cells or those cancer cells that escaped previous CAVATAK dosing. Repeated CAVATAK dosing may also function as a booster for the body’s immune response against the cancer cells infected with CAVATAK.

Comment 1 suggests that it is an advantage not to have anti-bodies (which sounds logical – can more easily attack cancer directly and indirectly).
    Comment 2 seems to suggest that while antibodies may decrease effectiveness in killing cancer cells (directly) continued dosing seems to continue ability to kill off other cells (and booster body’s immune response against the cancer cells).
    Hard to tell how much a disadvantage having antibodies is. Note on page 12 that the Phase 2 trial was limited to patients without significant levels of circulating antibodies. Had forgotten this. Would have thought that by the time 2nd injection (if it is after 14 days) the body would have built up antibodies anyway, and by that stage there would have little difference to the 20% who had antibodies at the start?????
    Also, if having antibodies is a great disadvantage (as is likely) would not the use of immunosuppressants help?? Clearly the trials have to test the action of Cavatak in isolation, but would have thought that maybe, if all goes well, use of immunosuppressant with Cavatak to allow it to do it’s work unhindered might be fantastic results.
    Any thoughts?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VLA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.