covered calls , page-26

1. 4,086 Posts.
    G'day Sitting Duck,

My wife looks at me funny if I want to bring the computer to bed so I shelled out the 40 bucks and bought "hard copy".

G'day Andrew,

You may have told me about it back then but them was the times when I actually thought I knew it all and didnt need to listen to anyone. As more time goes by I learn how little I really know. I consider it a badge of honour that I have lasted this long!

ROSO has fantastic quotes on every page. hen you consider that it was written in 1923 and referred as far back as the turn of the century it is amazing how relevant it still is.

Re Auntie Glen. I hate to admit it but I have also come around to his way of thinking. I now firmly believe that nobody can predict the future. Doh!.

As far as I can see, now that we have realised that TA is ineffective and FA is nigh on impossible for we minnows, we have two avenues left.

- Non positional trading. As I recall, Andrew, you were getting heavily into this last year? I'm afraid that straddles etc (outside the bedroom) mean little to me.

- Trend following. This is where I am going now. The big thing that I am learning here is risk/money management. Unfortunately, I am not yet proficient enough to really espouse the virtues (even though I dimly see them myself).

I just keep repeating to myself "Nobody can predict the future".

Finally. I am really glad to see that you have a "trading dog" also. From discussions here a few weeks back it came to light that some of the people here do not have trading dogs. How they expect to make a success of this trading thing without the assistance of a trading dog is totally beyond me!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.