PAA 3.03% 16.0¢ pharmaust limited

Just read this on CNBC: "This virus does more than kill people....

1. 3,795 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1980
    Just read this on CNBC: "This virus does more than kill people. As a Covid survivor myself, I can tell you that you don’t necessarily recover fully. You can have cognitive dysfunction. You can be fatigued. There are all sorts of people with this long-haulers syndrome, so even if he comes through this without this terrible reaction which can occur around days seven to 10, he may not recover fully. We won’t know that for some time,” Dr. Ian Lipkin, an infectious disease expert at Columbia University said on Monday.

I did some reading about long haulers syndrome or long covid as some call it and it appears approximately 10% of Covid-19 infections result in this outcome. Even mild infections of Covid-19 causes varying degrees of lasting damage to the lungs, heart and brain.

The cause of this long covid is not known at this time. The infection can last for a few weeks in those serious cases requiring hospitalization so perhaps the time infected with the virus increases the risk of long covid. Purely guessing from me but surely an infection lasting a few weeks would be enough strain on the body to leave a lasting impact?

It would be extremely interesting to see if patients treated with MPL develop long Covid. Of course we would need confirmation that MPL works against Covid-19 in humans. I'm definitely getting ahead of myself but I feel confident that MPL will work to some degree, I'd like to think that it would prevent long covid as well.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.0¢
Change
-0.005(3.03%)
Mkt cap ! $77.79M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.5¢ 17.5¢ 15.5¢ $280.7K 1.733M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 195397 16.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.5¢ 43952 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PAA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.