#167224Mr. HouseParticipantWhy i am hopeless that things will...

1. 24,495 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 128
    Mr. House
    Participant

Why i am hopeless that things will ever end anyway but very very badly:

Ghost in the Machine
    August 23, 2024 at 8:59 am

Syndemic anecdote. I was informed a couple of weeks ago by another parent that the younger sister of my child’s classmate, 8 years old, died in her sleep. Rumor is she was feeling sick when she went to bed. 8 year olds are not supposed to die in their sleep. The family of the parent I was talking to was also ill with the flu. Different family. We were on the phone. They were tested for both Covid and flu. Flu. The family had been struggling for two weeks. They did complain about their unusually long period of symptoms. I tried to emphasize how unusual it was to get flu in the summer, trying to lead to a discussion of Covid. ‘Well, people travel, always low levels, it happens..’ etc. utterly insane time we are living in.
    Reply ↓

Yves Smith
    August 23, 2024 at 10:31 am

OMG how awful. And depressing.
    Reply ↓
    Ghost in the Machine
    August 23, 2024 at 11:08 am

Yes, we talked at some length about how this was an ultimate nightmare for us. Can you imagine going into your child’s room in the morning and finding them dead! Horror. I am grateful for this website, and grateful to have the knowledge about Covid that I do, but it is stressful. When I go off about Covid my family rolls their eyes, including a physician! But, they indulge me some. We all still were N95 masks on a plane for example. I see in a following comment, another mention of a weird child death. My god, are we now going to have to be stressed when our children go to bed feeling ill? Is this going to be a new Covid consequence? Are these deaths just a fluke? Am I being paranoid? I, unfortunately, don’t think so
    Reply ↓
    Wukchumni
    August 23, 2024 at 11:12 am

A later wave of the Spanish Flu took out young adults in their prime…
    Reply ↓
    lyman alpha blob
    August 23, 2024 at 10:42 am

Recently went to a funeral of a friend’s 10 year old daughter. Similar situation – feeling ill for a while, no real diagnosis, symptoms went away, but then suddenly came back. Her mom drove her to the hospital when symptoms returned and she died on the way there. This child had just performed her dance recital the day before her death, so this was an otherwise healthy kid. Nobody knows why she died, but the family started a gofundme campaign to try to get to the bottom of it. Not sure if they’ve received an answer yet.

Remember all those kids that were dying of covid in 2020 and 2021? But this people don’t ask if that 8 year old or 10 year old were jabbed. They just assume it must have been covid and how dare the government not force everyone to wear masks and lock down. We are so F’ing screwed.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.