@sierra - Please forgive for butting in, but I am a newcomer to...

1. 18,465 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 187
    @sierra - Please forgive for butting in, but I am a newcomer to this thread, but having read of your daughter and the closeness you shared, I feel I have to congratulate you first of all, that you did have such closeness - it is rare - and myself having lost first a husband now 30 years ago and 3 1/2 years ago a daughter, and I couldn't be with her, nor attend her funeral due to Covid (and she had lived her life in England), I have an inkling of what loss means; you have my deepest sympathy and I congratulate you that you have such a hopeful outlook of perhaps meeting up with your daughter again.
    I have no such thing, but have experienced extraordinary things when each of 'my' deaths occurred. I believe we are capable of transcending our lives here on earth, even whilst living, but in this extraordinary state brought on by soul trauma, we catch a glimpse of what could be, might be another dimension. I am not afraid of death, because firstly it is a commonplace where all living things end up in, and, secondly, nature/God, maybe our souls know how to do it, do the transition in such a way that we will welcome it, when it happens. Birth, death are in the nature of living things, it is the great merry-go-round of life we are all on.

I see the love I had for both, my husband, and my daughter often extended to me by other people, sometimes strangers - but first of all, I think, it has made me kinder, more hopeful, more expectant of each new day to bring something beautiful, some enlightenment. I owe it to be beloved dead to live what little is left of my life to the full and preserve their memory.

Of course, watching the news of the world my words sound hollow, I know, but we can only do our best within our geographical limitations.
    Enjoy your beautiful bit of estate which you have dedicated to your daughter! And I hope the pain of losing her, has gone away! It was beautiful reading your description of finding the right place for your memorial.
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.