Goodness me, sometimes life can be so confusing.But she...

1. 12,004 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 680
    Goodness me, sometimes life can be so confusing.
    But she certainly has lovely teeth.

I have just recalled something else. When my girls were very young, there was this big push on the MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) vaccines.
    Having always been a worrier, I did not want them to have this. As my Mums sister, bless her. Had epilepsy and died when she was just 16. Although many family members said she took a bad fall from a chair and hit her head badly, when she was just 4.
    This was one of the warnings against the MMR vaccine, if anyone in the family had epilepsy, the risk was higher.

So they did not have these jabs. But my oldest got measles on Christmas Day when she was 3 and she was very poorly.
    Then they were both due to fly to Australia. on their own, to validate their visas when they were 16 and 18.
    On the morning of their flight, my 16 year old woke up with an awful fiery red rash, I took her to the local GP and after looking at her he said.
    I know this is impossible, but it rather looks like measles. We have had no cases for over 15 years.

I said, I am afraid that it could be because they were not vaccinated. I was made to feel like a moron. I was so upset.
    So yes, we do the best we can. But sometimes, it comes back to haunt us. So their flights had to be cancelled and I felt really bad.

Mind you, they both have wonderful teeth, so perhaps the fluoride pills were not a mistake.
    How awful in many ways, to be a parent of young children nowadays.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.