I think it is a bit late for me, I guess we also had lead water...

1. 12,004 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 680
    I think it is a bit late for me, I guess we also had lead water pipes. My Mum had all of her teeth extracted and had dentures when she was just 18, one of her brothers as well. My teeth were awful. Really crooked and overcrowded. The only dentist we saw as kids was the annual check up at the school dentist.
    Nobody had any money for dentists etc in those days.

I suffered with terrible toothache for years as a teenager, I also had neuralgia that is really painful. When I was older, I duly trotted along to get my horrible teeth checked and had heaps of fillings. But because I was a smoker, they started to literally disintegrate, bits falling off quite regularly.
    My girls had regular check ups and I think they inherited their father's teeth which were great.
    In the end I had most of mine removed, they stuck dentures straight in, my was I in pain. I did seriously consider having implants, but I was too scared.
    Some people have them done in Thailand, I think at a fraction of the cost.

Now you have really got me thinking. Where on earth did my daughter catch the measles, stupidly the thought never entered my head before.
    At that time, she had started to go to various discos, perhaps she caught it from someone at one of those?
    She often went into Brighton in Sussex and a lot of people, including foreigners frequented those places.
    I may have to quiz her lol.

You were very brave to have implants, but I am sure they are much nicer than dentures

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.