COVID AND THE VACCINE - TRUTH, LIES, AND MISCONCEPTIONS REVEALED, page-102180

1. 29 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Thank you for the clarification.

I understand what you say about ineffective forms of protest. But why is singing protest songs (non-violent) 'no different' to destroying works of art (violent) as a form of protest? You believe both to be ineffective, but surely they can't be otherwise the same in your eyes, as you indicate that you are concerned about "harms to society".

You did leave the question regarding more effective forms of protest open. I appreciate that you shared what you think are ineffective, bad, or even ridiculous forms of protest. However, as a conformist who tolerates alternative opinions, what concretely would be more effective forms of non-violent protest a) in a democratic set-up (normal Western societal context) and b) in an authoritarian set-up (Covid lockdowns)?

I also wonder, how you'd personally select the norms that you strive to conform with in a value-complex society like Australia. With a multiplicity of sometimes competing or even conflicting norms that exist side-by-side, it seems that one (or perhaps the last?) common denominator in Australian society is individual liberty. Wouldn't an attitude that conforms with Australian norms require of you to conform with the norm of freedom? Wouldn't that force the conformist to resist a government that threatens to curtail freedom?

Why would conformism in Australia manifest as 'pro-active' compliance with the decrees of government? Wouldn't you agree that in Australia 'society' is not equated with 'the government' or 'the state'? Alternatively, is your view that it should be?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.