You're making things up. There's no particular good reason to...

1. 1,401 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 201
    You're making things up. There's no particular good reason to believe that this is the last wave of Covid. And my comment was that it is surprising that the first booster has an effect given the number of mutations in omicron. And secondly that it would be preferable that a booster is updated for more recent strains. There is also no good reason to believe that each new strain will become less deadly; all the virus wants to do is replicate and move on to another host. Since it takes the average person about 3 weeks to die from Covid, that's enough time for it to do its job. Additionally this virus itself doesn't do the damage, your own immune response destroys your body after the virus has already left, hence this business of died with/of/from is nonsensical to me. That omicron has a lesser case fatality rate than delta is pure luck. Yet it's caused more havoc than the less deadly strain because far more many people have become infected. Covid going from an R value of around 2 to over 8 in the course of 2 years really is an incredible evolution.
    Anyway my main point is here on this thread is that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Forumites think they're an expert just because they can research a few bits of data, read some tweets and anecdotes. You're a case in point, you say research research research yet couldn't come up with a single virus which has mutated to a more deadly form. Someone else made a ridiculous claim that Covid is 1/12th as deadly as influenza : using data that lumped influenza with pneumonia deaths, basically comparing apples vs all fruits. No a stock forum is not a good source of unbiased information, it's the blind leading the blind. I'm a clinical guy so I try not to pass judgment on subjects of epidemiology or public health. The more you know, the more you realise that you don't know.
    Last edited by magichour: 22/01/22

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.