"As a hypothetical cause I do not know yoir line of work, if...

1. 35,907 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 202
    "As a hypothetical cause I do not know yoir line of work, if your car has broken down, do you take it to an expert (aka a mechanic) or do you go on Youtube or read HC and get your answers from there and do it yourself?"

The head teacher in the Diesel Fitters course at the Albury TAFE back in the late 1970's maintained that if your car stopped running .................95% of the time it would be an electrical problem....................... you could probably just check your wiring connections first, before you rang the NRMA or walked to a mechanic. I got from what we use to call "Social Media" back in those days ............... it was called "Word Of Mouth".

Also I was a full time dad for 15 years and in the early days I asked a couple of full-time mums for some advice on small children.

Best thing one of the mums told me was that if your under 4 year olds were behaving badly, 95% of the time it's because they are thirsty and don't know how to tell you.

Both tips can save a trip to the Doctor or having to wait for the NRMA van to turn up.

I guess you could say I got my tips from the precursor of modern day Social Media.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.