In any serious conflict, there are no winners unfortunately. Our...

1. 41,134 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1007
    In any serious conflict, there are no winners unfortunately. Our mistake, again I come back to our leaders delusions of grandeur (or confidence) by unilaterally emulating Trump and decided to call out the Covid investigations with the WMD powers before we joined in the invasion of Iraq! Did you see ECB leaders call out Russia directly when they annexed Crimea? That unilateral instead of multilateral response sure played out dearly but it may be a cynical attempt by Scomo to win the forthcoming election based on some jibberish national values. As I said in the past those sanctions by China was the start of decoupling last year and I standby this assertion from an objective view.

Iron Ore where both sides are skating around this vital commodity does provide a precursor where common economic grounds do lie but make no mistake when Brazil comes back into full production and their interest in Africa at a much later date starts production, we will lose that leverage. They play the long game, we play a 3 year Feds election politics.

Should Taiwan be where the next conflict lies, what is our national response? Become the proxy for US and enter a war footing? I, unlike others does not support war of any kind and from history, our god father US are the ones who start war because their military complex knows it is highly profitable. Afghanistan is going back to civil way, ditto Syria and if Taiwan becomes the next focus, they will have to decide on Iraq. Russia with its Ukrainian assets will see an opportunity of American distraction.

Economically we will have to find "new markets" to replace a very big demand and under the war conflict scenario, how much more money can everyone prints to keep conflicts going? Forget the nuclear war, it is biological if your conspiratorial mind go to work!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.