A little off-topic...statins. Big Pharma's cash cow. An article...

1. 387 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    A little off-topic...statins. Big Pharma's cash cow. An article under Peter McCullough's banner "Courageous Discourse". Has Peter been duped?

" I have had several patients tell me they don’t want to take statins because they are afraid the drugs will cause brain fog or dementia. In Dr. David Brownstein’s book The Statin Disaster, on page 172, he claims FDA reports from 2004-2014 “caused” the following cases: 4720 amnesia, 7171 confused states, 1577 dementia, 2,054 disorientation, and 13,290 depression. The prevalence of statin use in adult Americans is 25.5% or ~65.9 million people. I wondered if these sparse cases over ten years had any relationship to statin use when compared placebo or those not taking statins."

As evidenced in:
    Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2022 May 5;29(5):804-814. doi: 10.1093/eurjpc/zwab208. PMID: 34871380

"These data suggest that statins are not a “disaster” but rather protect against the occurrence of dementia and more specifically Alzheimer’s disease. In my view we can cross cognitive impairment or dementia off the list of concerns for statins as we use and take them to prevent heart attack, stroke, need for stenting or bypass surgery, and cardiac death.
    Please subscribe to Courageous Discourse as a paying or founder member so we can continue to bring you the truth.
    Peter A. McCullough, MD, MPH"

My words: Statins are a slow metabolic poison, any good that has come from them has been due to their ability to inhibit the NF-kB inflammatory cascade. Inhibiting the cholesterol pathway is metabolically malnourishing.

LDL-C does not cause cardiovascular disease: a comprehensive review of the current literature
    Expert Review of Clinical Pharmacology Volume 11, 2018 - Issue 10

Statins stimulate atherosclerosis and heart failure: pharmacological mechanisms

Expert Rev Clin Pharmacol

. 2015 Mar;8(2):189-99.
    doi: 10.1586/17512433.2015.1011125. Epub 2015 Feb 6.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.