FORMER Qantas pilot Graham Hood has warned of serious breaches of airline safety standards due to his former employer and the Civil Aviation Safety Authority slavishly following government orders to vaccinate all Qantas staff including pilots with experimental mRNA medicines.

Hood said he and other aviators in Australia had “lost complete faith” in CASA and in particular its primary medical officer Dr Kate Manderson, a former senior medical officer for the Navy and a former board member of the Shoalhaven Division of General Practice.

He was also shocked to discover that a 30-plus-page vaccine rollout health policy document obtained by ABC 4Corners was entirely redacted and when asked about it by a reporter the Commonwealth’s Chief Medical Officer Dr Brendan Murphy said “well you have to realise we have very sensitive commercial arrangements with our suppliers and they don’t want us to talk about it”.

Speaking in the Federal Parliament at the second public hearing last week to set the terms of reference for a future Royal Commission into Covid, Hood said Dr Sanderson had acted with flippancy and palpable lack of thought when questioned by Virgin airline pilots about the safety of the mRNA vaccines.

The questions were recorded on video and played back to two US Army aviation medical experts who appeared on Hood’s internet channel. Hood said they were “flabbergasted” by the responses of Dr Sanderson and the US observers said “she didn’t know what she was talking about”.

“And that took away the confidence of me and a great many other pilots in the safety authority to do the job it’s been doing. To me Senator (Roberts) it seems to have become and organisation that just ticks the boxes without doing the research.”

Hood went on to explain how under the aviation medical system, if he had a head cold and had taken something like the old Codral cold and flu tablets and was drug and alcohol tested on arriving at work, he would be grounded and subject to investigation.

“When I first realised there was something wrong with the mandates – and this came about by me having a conversation in front of my wife over the phone with one of my base manager in Brisbane with Qantas – and I said to him I know we’re going to have to have this vaccine, but don’t put me down for Astra Zeneca because I’m over 60 and I don’t want to run the risk of blood clots, so give me a chance at the Pfizer when it comes out. In other words I had accepted I’d take Pfizer to keep my job.”

Hood said that in the previous week he had given a nursing home permission to give his stepmother the Pfizer, “having trusted the data that the government was obviously crunching and believing they were making decisions in our best interests”.

Hood said his wife then challenged him over his trust of the government who he agreed he would not trust to do the walk-around safety check of his aeroplane. “As a result of that I went down a very standard route to find out what I could that afternoon about the Covid vaccination policy of this country and looked for ABC programs on the topic on iView, noting that he didn’t go down the “dark web”.

That was when he discovered that the Federal Government’s 30-plus-page vaccine rollout health policy was entirely redacted apart from the Health Minister’s name on the front of the document.

Hood then decided to contact three doctors with whom he had professional relationships, asking them a series of questions about possible mRNA vaccine side effects, long and short-term, whether it had been tested at high altitude for people in aviation and its effect on six-monthly medical tests.

That was when Hood discovered doctors were not prepared to advise openly against possible problems and uncertainties about the vaccines because they would be struck off their professional register. Qantas medical staff were asked the same questions and told Hood they didn’t really know the answers but were trusting the government. CASA officers gave the same responses to the same questions.

Hood then asked Qantas safety officers if safety regulations had been changed as the company was not allowing pilots to fly under the influence of an experimental serum without standard safety questions being answered. Again he was told they were trusting the government.

Hood, who previously trained pilots and military aviation medical teams, said it was at this stage that he could “smell a rat in the cheese factory”. He said it was a time when critical human factors learned by aviators from experience should have been employed to deal with the Covid situation.

But the government’s response had “systematically destroyed Australia”, something that he said he had witnessed first hand. Part of this was the government’s banning of interim treatments for Covid, such as the ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine employed by US cardiologist Peter McCullough with some 8000 patients, none of whom, as far as he knew, were hospitalised.

“I’ve done what many of you don’t have the time to do. I’ve been face to face with people who’ve lost loved ones that they know were from vaccine injury, and I don’t know whether these excess deaths are being caused by vaccines or ‘long Covid’ or whatever else it might be. It could be an additive in food. I don’t know, but nobody else seems to know either and that’s why we must stop,” he said.

“We must investigate, we must do a proper debriefing. We must apply proper human factors and we must bring the people that I mentioned that have been locked away with censorship, back out of the dark with their data so that we can start healing the people of this country.”