True story, well before covid - My GP of some decades admitted...

1. 10,193 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 370
    True story, well before covid -

My GP of some decades admitted he always looked forward when I made a very infrequent consult booking knowing of my inquisitive nature that I would be prepared by doing some 'reading' about my ailment and ask questions that challenged his knowledge that underpinned his credentials, thus, forcing him to be better prepared during the consult. Often the consult would be on the basis of Why? Why? Why?....................................................and if you give me a BS answer I'll hold you to account by making you look inadequate in your knowledge.

You see GP's don't particularly want to be asked time and time again "what's wrong with me", they look forward to being challenged by patients who are prepared by asking the right questions. There is an element of self awareness where the patient has to give the GP something to go rather than wait for the magical cure of a do it all pill. Many a time given a prescription I would only return it to the GP many months later proving I didn't need that drug in my body to help with a recovery. Lifestyle changes are the biggest factor that determine your overall health.

Your body knows what to do if you treat it with the respect it deserves i.e. healthy nutritional, food, exercise, sunlight, fresh air, sleep.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.