@Bananbender1 - I have avoided calling out his nationality -...

1. 18,003 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 153
    @Bananbender1 - I have avoided calling out his nationality - have had a wonderful experience as a young girl with a Serb gentleman of the 'old school' - who showed me round the environs of Opatija on my first ever - and self-paid from my first year's wages - holiday. I was musing on the history of that region this morning, have known some Yugoslavs, but mostly Croatians - sometimes totally non-U and cringeworthy, but a lot of fun when in party-mood.
    . . . . and have visited there just at the end of their internecine wars with the Croats - watched a lone Serb woman, living in a Croat village on an island - no-one spoke to her - she had married a Croatian and he had died during the 'tribal stuff' which went on after Tito's death - I felt deeply sorry for her, all alone with neighbours, who ignored her - people she formerly thought of as friends.
    We were visiting for one night only, had a wonderful breakfast off freshly caught mackerel, which the fisherman prepared himself - I was given a simple dress to wear, which was much too big for me (I only had a trouser outfit) - probably would fit me now . . . very hospitable people on the Makarska coast. The island's name was Krk or similar.
    We humans can be a pathetic lot - and
    I better shut up, don't want to wake the 'Kraken'
    Take care
    Tau

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.