"Covid Beat", page-39

1. 16,571 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8092
    The shape-shifting when it comes to the views on Sweden is worthy of a good laugh:

When deaths were running high in March/April it was cited - with unequivocal shrill at the time from many quarters - as evidence of what happens when you don't lockdown.

Then, when the deaths in Sweden rapidly tended to zero, suddenly that was attributed as evidence of success due to the exact opposite - namely that Sweden did, in fact, shut down.

Now, when the data is indicating a front-loading of deaths from one period to a prior period, we get the line of "Well, it hasn't been a waste because flu' has gone down."

A masterclass in the art of:

"When new information fails to support your pre-conceived position, scurry around for different information that does fit the pre-selected narrative."

But on the true defining aspect of the debate, namely the subject of sero-prevalence studies that reveal more than ~2m Swedes had become infected with Covid, implying that the Infection Mortality Rate is merely around 0.3% (no different to that for flu')...on that subject there is a palpable silence from the shape-shifters, such as yourself.

And , of course, true to label, there is the inevitable personal barb from you, this time the poor taste "Been running the ruler over Grandma's real estate yet ?". I'll treat that with the contempt it deserves, save to say that my grandmother died some years ago, largely penniless, in Ireland and at an age younger that I am today.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.