@MarsCI hadn’t seen them before and don’t have specific...

1. 1,158 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 593
    @MarsC

I hadn’t seen them before and don’t have specific comments. I personally am not a fan of the principle of lockdown myself- it doesn’t actually make sense epidemiologically and is a very blunt tool of last resort, but we also have to accept what we have- only places that had a very sophisticated pre-existing public health apparatus were able to deal with this pandemic without resorting to lockdowns. Any place with any significant community transmission has had significant population behavioral change, irrespective of political policy, which is functionally quite similar.

I have long decided to ignore things outside my control and instead try to establish the predictable outcomes based upon the decisions being made and instead try to observe and make conclusions later. I still have no firm conclusions. What I can say, from the various circles I mingle with, is that people have vastly different perceptions of the virus and the optimal response, and that not dealing with it effectively would almost certainly cause social unrest. When viewed through this prism, things certainly start to make more sense!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.