Hi OB It is always hard to describe any profession, trade or...

1. 25,363 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    Hi OB
    It is always hard to describe any profession, trade or occupation in a general term but I do stand by my opinions which are based on personal experience

After nine failed or should I say botched operations and procedures I certainly do not agree with your rosy picture of doctors, from my experience gained the hard way it is my opinion that only about 20% of doctors are worthy of the title
    The medical profession is no better then the mechanics that fix the car, finding a good one is extremely difficult and they only survive due to the closed shop system that protects them

I have no knowledge of you or your skills and attitude to your job so my comments are not directed against you but the profession in general, in the same way as you have no knowledge of the poster you criticized
    IMHO it is only the nurses who save the system from complete disaster and that is changing as well,with new nurses coming through without even the basic knowledge of the body

As to the Hippocratic Oath, they are only words but represent to the general public a standard that all doctors should try to achieve in caring for us.

As to :- the medical profession has become very politicized-- it is a fact of life that the government controls the purse strings in so many ways in almost every facet of our lives therefore so many people are willing to pander to political requirements so that income will not be hurt

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.