Covid - the Stats that Matter..., page-124

1. 2,621 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 271
    In response to your "Do you think the medical/scientific community is and has always been of one view".

Absolutely not. It's why I base my views of the net. If for every 1 doctor who thinks the Covid response is just a big overreaction, there are 50 who don't, then I will happily trust the majority of experts - who know far more than you or me.

In response to your "do you think those in authority have been fully across Covid and have handled it without mistakes". What an unrealistic question. Of course mistakes have been made, and of course they haven't been fully across it since day one. Nobody has. We are talking about a pandemic which caught everybody by surprise. When faced with left-field matters, you often don't have the ability to say "let's just sit here for 12 months and observe". You have to make decisions and implement course-correction.

For what it's worth, I do think the media has overblown it - but frustratingly that's what most of the media does - it chases headlines to engage viewers to make money. I don't like it.

However, I do think the Government has had a good reaction to the pandemic. They've done everything that they could to contain the virus until vaccination levels have reached strong levels. And I hope we are able to return to a relatively life-as-normal scenario soon.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.