@Sweetsound I managed to get through most of my life on very...

1. 17,909 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 149
    @Sweetsound I managed to get through most of my life on very little medication, was a sick child (from lack of meds as well as 'jabs') - managed to grow up healthy and strong, rarely was ill, never took anything stronger than an aspirin - only now that I am hitting old age, I have become aware, that I am mortal after all. Don't want to die a miserable death, as the early Covid infections caused, but mostly to people who were health-compromised, anyway, which I wasn't at that stage. My 'girl' only had a fever, and sore joints for 3 days, then was Covid-free, but stayed home (but did go for a swim in the ocean in the early morning hours) - she'll probably get back to work this week - so: 10 days out of action, only 3 of them bad. Now lets see if there are any lingering symptoms.

The big secret - health secret - of my life is 'why did my eldest daughter become gluten-sensitive?, when I - literally have a pigs' stomach, nothing affects me, no allergies - but I have been mostly a sparse eater/drinker all my life (so has she from necessity) - and I have come to the conclusion that some of our food, including our flour, our bread is tampered with to a degree, which makes it unhealthy, quite apart from all the spraying which the rest of our food is exposed to - as you demonstrate in your post.
    My husband was in the 'wheat industry' on the collecting and distribution side - and he often came home telling me how he finds the short-growing wheat astonishing, when we as children - when in the country, could play 'hide n'seek' in the wheat fields, the stalks were at least 50 - 100 cms tall, now they are barely 30cms, bred to increase the productivity of the seeds, larger, containing more of everything, including protein.
    Re wheat: the wheat harvest is also stored in those large wheat bins, which are air-tight and to kill vermin, gas is pumped into them, once filled - don't know what sort, but it cannot be healthy in the long run. (We are a fairly tough species, that's for sure!) - even in the good old days, the individual miller had a problem with vermin etc. probably relied on bait and cats to stop mice/rats etc. from eating into his profit.

Then the way bread is produced: none of that mysterious 'ripening' of the bread, for a few hours, even overnight - and then also the quick baking in the modern steam-ovens. (It's probably best to eat that bread toasted IMO, which gives it a secondary 'bake'.) Even the bread they are now 'marketing' as European, is still bitter, which means it hasn't ripened enough, or not been allowed to un-thaw before baking (Coles import their bread from a Continental baker based in Melbourne - and the loaves probably get sent out shaped but, raw and frozen, and get the steam-baking treatment in-store). I have begun to bake bread again.

The secret to a happy life is to have a 'moderate' attitude to absolutely everything - no extreme political views, no indiscriminate sex, no crazy health/diet habits etc. etc. - you probably know that yourself.
    Well, that's it for me - after a morning coffee - have to keep working up to a fast finish cool.pngsmile.png!.
    Take care
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.