BIT 3.70% 2.6¢ biotron limited

1. We don't even know if BIT225 will have efficacy against...

1. 1,917 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1324
    1. We don't even know if BIT225 will have efficacy against COVID-19 in a test tube yet. Your "if" is a very big one. If the only hits in the test tube are Biotron's other compounds (i.e. not BIT225), then none of them have been tested in people at all.

This is true, however, Biotron has many developed compounds, some showing which 95-100% activity against the coronavirus in a petridish. Nothing else currently in trail is specifically designed for coronavirus cure, it’s just other antivirals (HIV, VD, etc.) being tested for effectiveness against the coronavirus. There’s a large difference here. Also, lets wait and see what the results yield before we shoot down 225.

2. MM herself has said she doesn't think any of BIT's compounds will be ready for use during the current round of COVID-19 infections. See here at the 3 minute 50 second mark.

This is not actually true, in this interview - https://unauthorised investment advice/health/health-kick-podcast-coronavirus-hiv-and-hepatitis-are-in-the-sights-of-aussie-biotech-biotron/ @ 11:00 MM specifically says “This outbreak might go on and they have existing compounds which show great activity”, as a direct response to the interviewer, who also made a claim that Biotron wouldn’t have anything for this particular outbreak. Additionally, we don’t know if this virus will become seasonal, and Biotron has specific compounds for Coronavirus which could hold large future value.

3. If you read through the links I posted, several of the treatments under development are relatively and have already been used in patients suffering from COVID-19 under a compassionate use program.

Again, nothing specifically designed for coronavirus treatment from my recollection.

4. Some of the companies developing monoclonal antibody treatments are hoping to begin clinical trials during the northern hemisphere summer and if all goes well, possibly have the treatment ready for more widespreadBiotron use by the end of this year.

So testing will begin in 3 months? That’s a long time away in which anything can happen.

Biotron are still very much in this race.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.6¢
Change
-0.001(3.70%)
Mkt cap ! $23.46M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.7¢ 2.7¢ 2.6¢ $8.415K 322.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100000 2.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.7¢ 37530 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.23pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BIT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.