Covid19 is not the problem, page-25

1. 18,451 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    I was using our in its broadest sense. The way greed displays itself differs. The worst example I saw was not in fact a corporate boss but a man who had failed to gain any degree after eight years at uni and not held down any job for decades. Yet his greed and sense of self entitlement was so consuming he didn’t much care who he took down with it. The share market was his preferred source of gambling. And like all gamblers that is based on greed. It twists judgment. It makes people obnoxious and it means they cannot see that what they count as arrogance in others is in fact a reflection of their own arrogance which means people dislike them.

but I am off at a tangent

I think greed exists to some extent either as a latent force or active. That’s is why we have so many layers and why so many people seek to take advantage of others. But it’s also why people play the market and why others seek out the jobs to support that system - the better side of the deal.

but I also agree that people deserve a fair wage. I disapprove of executive salaries that are wildly out of kilter with the rates paid to those who do the labour. I don’t like layers of bureaucracy and management that stifle people, or play games or any one of the games people play. But let’s not pretend that those are limited to corporate bosses. Consumption is encouraged and people participate. I just think we need to take a good long look at how our society has unfolded.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.